== Personal info ==

Name : Jonathan
Nudes : Sorry, i also send nudes to my beautiful doge

== Character Info ==

Class/Role/Spec : Paladin ret
Your armory link : https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/nagrand/cakepie

== Questions ==

Previous guilds?: Spark (Help)

What are you good at during progress? (preparation, doing "shit" jobs like kiting, interrupting duty, not dieing, anything you can think of):I'm used to doing the bitch job of the raid. Whether that being the bitch that tanks covern as a dps or giving out a cheeky lay on hands ;). During progress I'm used to rarely ever dying (Not just because I'm a paladin <_<) During KJ, I was the main soaking bitch dishing out those sexy blessing of protections for big soaks while still maintaining a high level of damage. I'm very good all round as a player who's very eager to receive criticism as i will be able to improve as a player because I'm very competitive and like being the best i can do. I'm very good at following what I'm told to do whether that means sacrificing dps (RIP LOGS) or doing some basic kiting. In the end if the boss is dead and i did the most i could with what i had I'm happy.

Where are your areas where you can improve?: Apart from being the slowest class in the game which i c an't help. I'm looking at improving at different classes which i don't feel comfortable playing with over the summer as i have far more free time. Also maybe someday getting loot from a reroll token would help a lot :_:

Will you QQ if someone is mean to you?: I was bullied heavily as a child. What does it change if I'm an adult lel. Jokes (Well maybe not the first part ;-;) but I'm used to taking a lot of QQ directed at me in real life and sometimes it comes down to it in the spur of moment or wanting you do better so i perfectly understand why people would get mad so i never really take it personally

Why Imperium, what makes us an interesting guild for you?: Brad isn't in it QQ
On a serious note, I find this guild interesting because it had a good raid schedule for progress where there is a challenging environment. In order to get better as player I believe that I need to be in that type of environment that will push me to my limits. The mindset of the guide is also very important as it fits my own of improving and progressing heavily as a guide which i want to be apart of

Please provide us with a screenshot (upload it to http://www.imgur.com) of your UI:
https://imgur.com/a/jtAbo1n

Link logs here plx:https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/nagrand/cakepie

Other information that you want to share? : I failed sixth form 2 times a row. 3rd times a CHARM (Never gonna give up...)
Will fill disability quota on your guild :d
Here are some kill videos I'm in for this expansion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgkaq8goOa8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLXiZrL5hyA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r_wXK3FYe8
Posted May 16, 18 · OP · Last edited Jun 1, 18
fen a
Swag:
+226
Admins
Officer
Thanks for the app - how do you think Ret is shaping up going into BfA?

What would have to change for your purple logs to be orange logs?
a8ZbYeO.gif
Posted May 21, 18
Swag:
Untagged users
(Still waiting for Beta access so i haven't be able to try any of the changes but looking at the changes and watching streams I'll give the best feedback i can)
Personally with some of the changes I feel are great that bring in a bit of diversity to the build. Bringing back execute is a very important change to Pali's because it makes them far more viable in progress but still having other options in the talent tree to pick and choose based on the current talent tree. What's even more better is the axzerite changes that bring some of the best legionaries to pick and choose. The problem I had with ret paladin this expansion is that there were barely any variety to builds. Mobility wise I feel we are better off with the changes to freedom that give us 30% movement speed which is what i feel paladins were missing this expansion. This i feel makes it far more viable for pushing raiding that it missed before.

However the problems i see with the class is the lack of burst damage (few seconds) compared to other classes that still hasn't been addressed as crusade still looks like it will be the best talent choice in most situations. But they do bring huge long term burst for certain situations that other classes don't (Maybe apart from dh's) but on a much shorter cd with a much larger cleave radius (divine storm). This has made it incredibly useful on antorus for example with portal keeper and command where the cleave itself is huge if positioned properly.

One of the main advantages they are keeping for paladin's is their gift for survival compared to other classes was the talent choice divine intervention which is now been removed. This has damaged paladin's survival ability to unavoidable damage but I feel as if this was right because it made the class too easy to play and required no skill to stay alive. It encouraged a risker playstyle for higher rewards without the risk involved but I feel I'm good enough in order to adapt and play more around it.

One of the most important changes is inquisition coming back which provides constant damage boosts which may make it far more viable than crusade but I will need to try it out in beta (IF I GET IT QQ) to access just how viable it is.

Overall i feel that paladin is going to become more viable next patch due to the increases in adaptability and the utility it brings as a DPS. These changes i feel will make it far better than it was through out the expansion while being more fun to play than the same rotation again again and again

Changing my logs to orange in mythic requires me to to adapt quicker and maximise my uptime on bosses. Right now I like to play safe rather than die (Hence why the changes to divine intervention won't affect me as much as other players). Occasionally I'll mess up a rotation which I can find hard to recover from which I have been working on due to forcing myself to play the back build which requires me to manage how quickly i smash down the buttons so I have a permanent increase to my main attack (Templar's verdict) damage.

if I really wanted to change my logs to orange, the best way is for me to stop doing important jobs such as on portal keeper as killing the adds on top which dramatically decreases my logs. Some fights it purely depends on good RNG (divine purpose being nice and proccing) but I feel the important factor is just practise on the bosses in order to know when the best time to wing is. One fight is kin'garoth that I struggle to parse well in due to my past raids killing the adds before i can get even 15 seconds of wings which leaves a lot of downtime of wasted wings. My solution I had been testing was to use wings 10 seconds before the adds spawned in order to get max stacks of crusade and increase my damage on the adds as well. But gear is always important as I haven't changed from 972 in a while and even a bit of gear would go a long way as I usually meet the sims that i should be getting in a fight.

I may believe I know my class very well but I do like to take advice as I'm not perfect and someone may know more than me which i feel is a core strength to me as a player.
Posted May 21, 18 · OP
fen a
Swag:
+226
Admins
Officer
After discussing over discord a bit. Accepted. See you on Weds.
a8ZbYeO.gif
Posted Jun 1, 18
NoticeNotices